One of the best parts about going to college is studying abroad for the summer. It can be hard to plan the perfect experience for a summer you can’t forget. I am not an expert, but after having some experiences abroad and plenty of research…I have a few tips:
- Select a place that meets your language or core class requirement. You will be working towards your degree and having fun while doing it.
- Make sure that your passport is up to date. It can take months for the passport to come in the mail.
- Research your destination so that you can have a few places to look forward to visiting.
- Start saving a year in advance. While a majority of room and board may be covered, extra expenses such as souvenirs and snacks are not.
- Be sure to check out the weather so that you can pack accordingly for your vacation. Sometimes an extra sweater for the chilly nights can come in handy.
- Make a packing list so that you don’t forget the most important things you need.
There is a lot of planning that goes into a summer vacation like this. Lists and research will be your greatest allies. Make sure to cater to your educational and wanderlust needs!