How to make your summer abroad memorable!
One of the best parts about going to college is studying abroad for the summer. It can be hard to plan the perfect experience for a summer you can’t forget. I am not an expert, but after having some experiences abroad and plenty of research…I have a few tips:
- Select a place that meets your language or core class requirement. You will be working towards your degree and having fun while doing it.
- Make sure that your passport is up to date. It can take months for the passport to come in the mail.
- Research your destination so that you can have a few places to look forward to visiting.
- Start saving a year in advance. While a majority of room and board may be covered, extra expenses such as souvenirs and snacks are not.
- Be sure to check out the weather so that you can pack accordingly for your vacation. Sometimes an extra sweater for the chilly nights can come in handy.
- Make a packing list so that you don’t forget the most important things you need.
There is a lot of planning that goes into a summer vacation like this. Lists and research will be your greatest allies. Make sure to cater to your educational and wanderlust needs!